Do you need assistance

Some landuses are provided for as controlled activities, and although an application is required to be made to the local council, the District Plans provide clear guidance on the information that is required, and must grant consent (as long as the proposal complies with all standards for that activity).

A number of people find that they are reasonably comfortable in applying for these consents themselves.

Other uses that you may wish to make of your land could be listed as Discretionary or Non-Complying, or you may find that the plan does not appear to include the activity that you are proposing. It pays to seek professional assistance with these types of consents.